20 julio, 2010

Portraits 1





20100720 Portraits
After having painted many landscapes and still lifes I have discovered that catching the depth of the look and give shape to the soul of the person portrayed is only able to a few. Meeting the person to achieve the photos shooting as previous material for the execution of the portrait in oil on canvas constitute a great challenge for me that I face with my double commitment in life: truth and beauty, with many hours of work and the utmost of humility.

20100720 Retratos

Después de pintar infinidad de paisajes y naturalezas muertas me he dado cuenta que captar la profundidad de la mirada y plasmar el alma del retratado se encuentra al alcance de unos pocos. Encontrarme con la persona, en toda la acepción de los términos encuentro y persona, realizar la sesión de fotos como material de partida previo para la ejecución del retrato al óleo constituyen un gran reto que afronto con mi doble compromiso frente a la vida: verdad y belleza, con muchas horas de oficio y con extrema humildad.

Carlos Ferrer

1 comentario:

  1. Congratulations Carlos for your artist side I didn’t know. It gives me another perspective of the Carlos I knew.
    You’ve really captured Ana’s face and expression in her portrait with the girl, who I assume is her daughter.
    I like the written description you give after each section of painting.
    I wish you a lot of success as an artist and as a human being.
    Hugs and kisses for Ana and you,
    Javier Reinoso

    ResponderEliminar